Friday, January 13, 2012

Review "My Soul to Save" by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)Soul Screamers, Vol. 1: My Soul to Lose; My Soul to Take; My Soul to Save
My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2)
Originally Published: December 29, 2009
Republished in Soul Screamers Volume 1: November 29, 2011
Paperback: 279 pgs

Summary:
     In the second installment in the Soul Screamers series the craziness that has become Kaylee's life continues. This time around Kaylee reluctantly agrees to try and help Tod get back the soul of his ex Addison, who just happens to be a super famous teen star. Though she agrees to help, Kaylee realizes the situation is more complicated than she thought. To even come close to getting Addison's soul back, Kaylee Nash, and Tod will have to travel to the Netherworld. The Netherworld is far from safe. Will Kaylee be able to survive her journey to the Netherworld and will she be able to help get Addison's soul back?



Review:
     In My Soul to Save we once again get to see Kaylee face danger  in order to help others. When Tod comes to Kaylee for help she agrees but only after much pleading and her sense of justice also comes in to play. By agreeing to help Addison, Kaylee is not only putting herself in danger but also Nash. I have noticed that Kaylee has this deep seated need to help people that are in trouble. Which, of course, in her world inevitably leads to danger. Along with helping others get out of toxic situations Kaylee's also learning more about her bean sidhe nature. One of my favorite parts of these books has been the humor that Kaylee uses to get her through dangerous situations. I also liked watching as Kaylee and Nash's relationship develops and grows.

     Nash shows his protective side in My Soul to Save. Though he is protective of Kaylee, Nash doesn't try and tell her what to do. I'm not sure she would listen if he did. If she agrees too help someone he will go along to make sure she stays safe and knows what she is getting herself into. I would like to know what Nash is like when he is not with Kaylee so I'm hoping one day a novella will be written from his POV. 

     In this novel we see much more of Tod, since the story centers on a girl from his past. It was interesting to see how far Tod was willing to go for someone he cares about. Plus I liked getting to see more of his personality. One of my favorite things about this series has been getting to read about Tod. I love the interactions between Tod and Nash. They don't get along and the fighting between them is fun to read about.

     We also learn more about Kaylee's world. The Netherworld plays a prominent role in My Soul to Save, so we get more insight into the creatures and other things that dwell in this awful place. Kaylee is getting bean sidhe lessons from Harmony, Nash's and Tod's mom. Through these lessons the reader learns more about what bean sidhe's can do. As with the first Soul Screamers, Rachel Vincent continues to draw me in with the descriptions of this amazing world. If I can't see the world and characters in my head then I tend to have problems staying interested in the story. Luckily, I have had no such issues with this series. If you hadn't realized it yet I have been really enjoying reading this series. 

 
Cover:
     I love the color on this cover, it's one of my favorite shades of blue. Plus the title repeating in wispy tendrils all over looks really different too! I also really like the font that is used for the title. 

      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment