Monday, April 29, 2013

Most Anticipated (29)



Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)

My Most Release of the Week is...Sweet Peril. I can't even tell you how much I have been wanting to read this book. When I first finished Sweet Evil I started freaking out because there was no release date for book two and I didn't know how long I was going to have to wait. Well now, my agony is almost over!! I can't wait to get swept back into the Sweet world that Wendy Higgins has created. Any book with Kaidan in it is one that I will be reading. I love not only the characters that I became invested in with just one book. But also the originality of the world from the Dukes and their sins to the demon whispers. I am going to be locked away as soon as I get my hands on Sweet Peril.  

Summary:
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2), Wendy Higgins. Expected Publication: April 30, 2013. Paperback, 374 pgs 
Honorable Mention:
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2), Julie Kagawa. Expected Publication: April 30, 2013. Hardcover, 446 pgs.






1 comment:

  1. I definitely can't wait to get my hands on this one too!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete