Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (42)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. Anyone can join in. Here's what you need to do.
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser is from my latest read Poison Princess. This book had a lot going on but I found it refreshing and completely entertaining.

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
"We stared at each other for long moments. He took his time surveying me, just as he had the first time he'd ever seen me. How different I appeared now. My looks had gone from well-kempt cheerleader to apocalyptic disasterpiece."


Kresley Cole, Poison Princess (Arcana Chronicles #1), pg 136


12 comments:

  1. I've read some great reviews about this book. Been meaning to read it for a while now. Glad you're enjoying it :)

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good but now I have to wait until October for the sequel.

      Delete
  2. This book is in my TBR list. It sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing :)

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the apocalypse comes to town ~ "disasterpiece" looks tend to happen.. I've seen this one a few times this morning.. Can't wait to read it!

    My Tuesday Prelude

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser...this wasn't my favorite read, but it had it's good points. I loved the tarot aspect. Thanks for sharing! Here's my teaser from Nobody But Us. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the Tarot plays a bigger part in the next book.

      Delete
  5. Gahhh I still need to read this book! Awesome teaser!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot I had it and when I remembered I read it right away. BIG MISTAKE! Now I have to wait until October to see what happens next.

      Delete
  6. I've already read this book and it is one of my favorites. Cant wait to read second book. :)

    Nice Teaser.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that there was so much going on though I was never confused. I read as fast as possible to figure out what was going on w/Arthur.

      Delete