Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review: "Rage" Jackie Morse Kessler

Rage (The Horseman of the Apocalypse #2), 
Jackie Morse Kessler
Publication Date:  April 8, 2011
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Graphia)
Paperback 213 pgs

     

Review:
        This book is the next in the Horsemen of the Apocalypse: The Rider Quartet.  I expected more action from this series considering it is about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Even though there wasn't as much action as I would have liked the book was still interesting. Rage deals with a more difficult issue than most books that I read such as cutting, I thought that Jackie Morse Kessler wove a good story around a difficult issue some people face, an issue that is hardly talked about. The main character Missy must find her inner strength in order to deal with her new responsibilities as well as her inner emotions. 
        
     Like with Hunger I still wanted to learn more about why each person is chosen to become a horsemen in the first place, perhaps in another book. Overall I liked Rage, but I still felt like I didn't get a clear enough picture of the main character other than her issue with cutting. Who was she before and what made her start cutting. Plus there was not enough development of the surrounding characters. I really didn't learn anymore about the character Death than I knew before. 

Cover:
     Like the cover of Hunger, I really enjoyed this cover as well. It's plain and not overdone and gives you insight into what's inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment