Friday, May 17, 2013

Ever After (The Hollows, #11)
Ever After ( Hollows #11)
Publication Date: January 22, 2013 
Publisher: Harper Voyager
Hardcover:  435 pgs
~Adult~
Summary:
The ever after, the demonic realm that parallels the human world, is shrinking. If it disappears completely, so does all magic. It's up to witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan to avert catastrophe and keep life from changing... for the worse.

While saving the world is important, it isn't Rachel's only motivation. There's also the small fact that she caused the ley line to rip in the first place, setting off a chain reaction of unfortunate events. That little mistake has made her life forfeit unless she can fix it. It's also made her more than a few enemies, including the most powerful demon in the ever after—a terrifying entity who eats souls and now has an insatiable appetite for her. He's already kidnapped her friend and goddaughter to lure her out, and if Rachel doesn't give herself up soon, they'll die.

But Rachel has more than a few impressive and frightening skills of her own, and she isn't going to hand over her soul and her life without one hell of a fight. She's also got a surprise: elven tycoon Trent Kalamack. With this unlikely ally beside her—a prospect both thrilling and unnerving—she's going to return to the ever after, kick some demon butt, rescue her loved ones... and prevent an apocalypse before it's too late. Or, at least that's the plan. (Goodreads)
Review:
     Ever After is the 11th installment in the Hollow series. I have been addicted to this series since I first started reading it a couple of years ago. It's intense, the characters are complicated, intriguing and the story has kept me completely entertained. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this latest installment. I can definitely say I was not disappointed by this book. Rachel is once again forced to fight for her life, which of course makes for an exciting action packed read. In each book I have thoroughly enjoyed how Rachel has evolved and has started to learn who she is. She's comes to terms with being a demon and now she's focused on trying to survive being a demon.
     One of my favorite parts of this series is the ever evolving relationship between Rachel and Trent. I like that we we are getting to know Trent, bit by bit through his interactions with Rachel. Trent has always been one of my favorite characters. It's interesting  to see all these sides of him and how unpredictable he can be. Any Hollows book would not be complete without Jenks, the adorable wisecracking pixie. He always makes me laugh at least once and keeps me smiling throughout these books. Ivy doesn't play a big role in this book, since she's gone for a majority of Ever After. I'm a little sad that some of the characters that I've come to enjoy weren't really in this book, such as Glenn, David and Captain Edden.
     All in all, I have to say Ever After is a great addition to the Hollows series. It's an exciting read full of surprises that I didn't want to put down. I'm eager to see what is next for Rachel in book 12.
Cover:
I love this cover!! The colors as well as the power Rachel is displaying.





No comments:

Post a Comment