Saturday, November 12, 2011

Review: "Power of Six" Pittacus Lore

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2)
The Power of Six (Lorian Legacies #2)
Pittacus Lore(James Frey, Jobie Hughes)
Publication Date: August 23, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Hardcover 406 pgs

Summary:
     The Power of Six is the second book in the Lorian Legacies. In this novel we learn more about the aliens from Lorian along with the enemies that are hunting them. Instead of just John's POV we also hear from Marina, number Seven, a girl living in a convent in Spain. The story starts with John who is on the run hiding from authorities after the events that took place in I Am Number Four. John, Six, and Sam have to try to stay one step a head of the authorities plus the Mogadorians who seem to be able to find them no matter where they go. In the midst of all the running the John and Six must keep training and learning how to use their powers.  To make matters worse John is having feelings that he can't seem to control. In Spain, Marina is learning more about who she is and what she is willing to do to find her fellow Lorians. Will they meet up or will the Mogadorians catch them before they can reunite?


Review:
    I found the story in The Power of Six to be a good continuation of what happened in the first book in this series. A lot more information about John and Six's past is revealed. John finds anwers to some his questions when he reads the letter Henri left for him. Some of what they found out was unexpected and I am looking forward to learning more about how they plan to use this information. I also liked that John's POV and Marina's POV were distinguished by different fonts. It was easier to tell who I was reading about because the font changed with each character. The characters continue to grow as they struggle through trying to survive. All in all The Power of Six is a good read and I am ready to learn more about these aliens from Lorian.

Cover:
     I am not a giant fan of this cover if I hadn't already started this series I'm not sure this cover would have caught my eye. It doesn't do much to show what the book is about and it's kind of boring. With all the great covers that I have seen this one just doesn't stack up.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read the series ever since I watched the first movie!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie-- That's why I started the series. I saw the movie and I just had to read the book.

    ReplyDelete