Saturday, August 27, 2011

Review "Blood Will Tell" Samantha Young

Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh #1)
Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh #1)
Publication Date: July 1, 2011
Publisher: Smashwords
e-book
YA Paranormal Fiction for mature teens+ (some content may not be suitable for younger readers)


Review:
     I won this book from Fiktshun and when I entered the contest I thought that the book sounded really good. Let me say this book did not disappoint. I found myself gazing at the computer completly devouring this book. 
    I loved the concept of this book it was original and not a topic that I had read about. I was afraid I would become overwhelmed by all the knowledge that Samantha Young gives in order to explain the story. But I found myself slowly soaking in the information and was hardly confused at all. Blood Will Tell is fast paced and I get answers to many of the questions I started to ask. Of course not all my questions were answered but if they were why would I keep reading. I was also impressed with the way the story unfolded some of the plot twists were quite unexpected. The characters were well developed yet there is room for Samantha Young to add more about the characters pasts'.
      The books main character Eden is a soul-eater, she is a total loner who has no friends until Noah shows up in her small town becoming her only friend. the book is told from the POV of Eden and Noah, and that contributed to how much I enjoyed this book. As the story unfolds we learn about the horrors that Eden must deal with, cold and creepy parents, a psychotic cousin, the only bright spot in her life are her brother Stellan and her best friend Noah.  Eden is trying to come to terms with who she is and what that means for her future. And if she becomes what her parents and family want her to be will she able to live with herself.  But everything is not as it seems and Eden has to deal with some unexpected truths about herself, her family, and Noah.

Cover:
     I think this cover is intriguing. I loved the more subdued colors as well as the girl in the dress standing close to the water. It definitely makes me want to pick up this book to find out what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment