Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: "Forever" Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Publication Date: July 12, 2011
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Hardcover: 390 pgs




Review:
     Forever is the conclusion to The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. In this book we get to find out what happens to Grace, Sam, Cole, and Isabel. I was a little hesitant to read this book. Not because I thought it might be bad but because I wasn't ready for the story to end. I'm glad I read it though. The time has finally come for the wolves to pay for what they have done in their past, the attacks on Jack and Olivia. The town of Mercy Falls is no longer waiting around they have decided to take action in the form of a wolf hunt. As Tom Culpepper tries to kill the wolves Sam, Grace, Isabel and Cole are all trying to save them. Plus they get help from an unlikely source. Throughout the book Cole continues on with his crazy experiments. He also continues to grow as a person. Outside of the spotlight in this tiny town he finally figures out who he is and what he cares about. Isabel helps get insider information by spending time with her family. Sam mopes throughout this book because Grace is not around and he's afraid of what might happen to her while he is not around, and his worries are completely justified. Plus he has the added bonus of being seen as the prime suspect in Grace, Olivia and Becks disappearances. Meanwhile, Grace is trying to figure out how to get comfortable being human and wolf, as well as figure out how to deal with her parents, who don't really know where Grace is or if she is even alive. 
     
     I really enjoyed the conclusion of this story I would have liked it to go on but if it had to end I wasn't horribly disappointed by the way it ended. I believe that most of my questions were answered and I wasn't left wondering what about this or what about that. Of course there was some sadness but overall I liked the way Maggie Stiefvater ended this series.
    
     The one problem I had with this book was how Sam just moped and moped and then moped some more when Grace was not around. It seemed like he couldn't figure out who he was without her. 


Cover:
     Like all the other books in this series I really like the cover of this book. It is simple and yet bold at the same time. It totally makes you want to read it. It screams pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment