Friday, August 26, 2011

Review "Sweep" Volume IV Cate Tiernan

Sweep Volume IV (Seeker, Origins, Eclipse)
Publication Date: July 7, 2011
Publisher: Speak
Paperback: 560 pgs


Review:
     I was a little hesitant when I learned that the majority of the volume would not be told for the main character Morgan's  POV. But I must say that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book despite the change in POV. Seeker is told form Hunter's POV and I really liked learning more about him in this section. he was more humorous than I thought and at times he was a total guy, yet he was still very much Hunter and if you have read this series you know who that is. Hunter has to leave Widow's Vale to try and find some answers about his past. He has to deal with some really difficult issues and does not have Morgan at his side to help him out, after she is still in high school.  I have to say that Seeker was probably my favorite out of the series this far.
     Origins is told from the POV of one of Morgan's ancestors, Rose.  In this section Morgan and Hunter read one of Morgan's ancestors Book of Spells where the two learn more about Rose and Morgan learns more about her heritage. I really didn't think I would like Origins but I liked Seeker so I hoped this section wouldn't be bad. It was really interesting to learn about Rose, the burning times, and the clan wars. It helped to clarify why certain things happened in the future (if you want to know you should read this series).  I also liked how I was able to see how Wicca was practiced by Morgan's ancestors and how most of what they practiced is passed down and is still followed. It is easy to see how the line between light and dark is so easily crossed. And you may not even know that you are crossing the line.
    The last book in this volume is told from Morgan and Alisa's (Ex-Coven Member) POV. Though I liked the way the story developed I wasn't too fond of Alisa's chapters, I would have preferred to just have Morgan's chapters.  In Eclipse a darkness that has threatened those that Morgan loves is now aimed at her. Morgan has struggled to keep Wicca from completely taking over her life in Eclipse she is finally able to get school, Wicca  and her family life more evenly balanced out. But a wave of darkness threatens to destroy what she has come to love. Morgan along with her soul mate Hunter and a few others must try to stave of the darkness that is directed at them. Will they be able to stop the darkness in time I sure hope so (wait I already know). I am more than ready for the final volume in this series.


Cover:
     Though I liked this cover it is not my favorite. It seems a little too plain for my tastes it does not have the same feel as the others. Yet it still fits in with the other volumes.I really like the beauty of the others but this one did not stack up in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment