Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: "Linger" Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls # 2)
Publication Date: July 13, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Inc
Hardcover: 360 pgs 
Review:
     Linger is the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. Sam and Grace are again facing difficult issues. Grace is having trouble with her parents. Who now want to have more control over Grace's life after being absent for most of her teenage years. This does not sit well with the highly logical Grace. In addition to that she is having issues with her health. Sam is trying to figure out how to deal with his life without those that he has come to depend on Beck, Paul, and Ulrik. As well as come to terms with some of the troubles from his past.Grace and Sam continue to feel that all encompassing love that they found in Shiver
     In addition to the two main characters Grace and Sam we are introduced to Cole, and Isabel's role becomes more substantial. I had doubts about the addition of Cole and Isabel as main characters but I must say I enjoyed having their viewpoints included in the story. It added to the story to see the wolf issue through other's eyes. I was completely satisfied with their involvement. Plus I love how Maggie Stiefvater wrote the character of Cole. He's self involved suicidal yet has this crazy scientific mind.
     One of the issues I had with this book was that it was a little to descriptive. I felt like I was drowning in details. I like when books are detailed but not when it feels overly so. Other than that I really enjoyed Linger.

Cover:  
     This cover, like the first in the trilogy, is extremely simplistic yet it catches your eye. Just what I like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment