Monday, September 26, 2011

Awkward Mondays

I just finished reading Hourglass by Myra McEntire and I really enjoyed it (full review later I'm slightly behind on those) There were so many awkward moments in that book I thought I would post a few of my favorites.

" 'I'm all yours.' it slipped out before I could stop it. 'Er...I mean I think I'm going to be in trouble either way since I spent the night with you...here, I mean, spent the night here.' I stopped taking and sighed deeply.'I have time.' Kill me now."

"He tapped his fist on the roof of the SUV. ' But that's not why I followed you I wanted to ask you.. how...um, experienced are you with guys?'...His face was a red as a Santa suit. Squinting and staring at the ground, he used his hands to gesture as he fumbled for words. "I ...er...don't mean it that way, not like physical...' "

"Kaleb's hands slid down my arms, his thumbs tracing lines from my inner elbows to my writs. Chill bumps formed on my skin and my stomach tightened, anticipation ripping through my system. I leaned back, bumping my head on the cabinet behind me."

No comments:

Post a Comment