Sunday, September 25, 2011

Review "Shadow Kiss" Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)
Publication Date: November 13, 2008
Publisher: Razorbill
Paperback: 443 pgs

Summary:
     Shadow Kiss is the third book in the Vampire academy series. In this novel Rose is dealing with the reprucions of what happened during Christmas break as well as continuing to deal with the bond that ties her to Lissa. She soon discovers that Victor Dashkov has yet toi be put on trial for the events that took place in Vampire Academy. To make matters worse Rose and Lissa are not allowed to attend the trial. To add to all that Rose is dealing with she must now start her field experience, and she is not at all happy with her assignment but she eventually comes to accept what she has to do. Adrian (favorite character) joins the Academy as a guest and continues to pop up through out the novel. In Frostbite we learned that Adrian like Lissa is a Spirit user so he has come to the academy to continue to explore his magick with Lissa. Throughout Shadow Kiss Rose's behavior starts to become more erratic and she is having trouble controlling her temper, the reason behind this new behavior will have Rose questioning her entire future. But luckily for Rose she has Dimitri to help her figure things out. To everyone's surprise Rose, Lissa and a few of thier friends are eventually allowed to go to the Royal Court for Victor's trial. After a intense fight at the Academy Rose will have some really difficult decsions to make ones that may threaten her entire future.Though Lissa is Rose's best friend Rose finds herself keeping more and more secrets from Lissa which will eventually lead to some major issues between the two.


Review:
Shadow Kiss was one of those books that had me reading as fast as I could so I could find out what was going to happen to these characters. This installment is extremelly action packed. Which makes for a really good read. Not only do we learn more about the bond between Lissa and Rose we also learn about the effects the bond has on Rose. But Rose's reaction to this new development shows how much she cares about her best friend. I also liked how we as readers were able to see Rose a little more vauerable than she has been in the past. It's obious that she is a strong character but she has a valunerable side as well. In Frostbite Dimitri told Rose that he couldn't leave the Academy and start a relationship with someone else because he was in love with Rose. Which eventually leads to a more complex relationship between Rose and Dimitri. I really want these two to be a couple they are both strong, indepent, loyal, yet they need each. The end of this book had me going crazy. I could not believe how this one ended it was completly heartbreaking.

Cover:
    If you have read my other reviews on this series you know I am not the biggest fan of these covers. I don't think this cover is horrible by any means but I have seen some really amazing covers and wish my favorite series had something a little more stunning.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I was pretty much crying at the ending...I seriously was like...this close to throwing the book across the room and having a fit. This is definitely an emotional series, and this book was probably one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I couldn't believe it when I read it. I just kept thinking REALLY REALLY. I had to get my hands on the next book but of course I had to wait witch was not fun.

    ReplyDelete