Saturday, September 10, 2011

Review "Out for Blood" Alyxandra Harvey

Out for Blood(Drake Chronciles#3)
Publication Date: December 21, 2010
Publisher: Walker Books
Paperback: 304 pgs


Review:
     Out For Blood is the third book in the Drake Chronicles. The first two were really good but I must say that this one was my favorite so far. In this book we are introduced to Hunter (very appropriate name) a senior at the Helios-Ra Academy. She made a brief appearance in the previous book but in this one we get to see inside her head. I liked the character because she was funny, strong, and follows what she believes is right. She doesn't just sit back and do as she's told. Just because she comes from a long line of vampire hunters it doesn't mean that she can't adapt and change along with the times.The reader also gets to go behind  the scenes to see what Helios-Ra students learn in order to become vampire hunter's. In addition to Hunter we also get to see what Quinn is thinking and I say it's about time. Quinn is one of the Drake brothers who is known for his flirtatious ways. He also has a twin named Conner and the two are extremely different from one another. Conner is into computers and is known for his ability to hack and fix any technological problems that may arise. He only makes a brief appearance Maybe we will see more of him in the future. Both Hunter and Quinn shine new light into the series and I enjoyed the interplay between Hunter and Quinn it just made the book way more interesting. If you haven't read this series I would pick it up. The time just flies when your reading it since it is so easy to get caught up in the characters Alyxandra Harvey created.

Cover: 
     I thought the cover was okay. I said it before and I'll say it again it just doesn't jump out at me and scream read me, you know you want to. But luckily for me I did read it.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment