Friday, September 30, 2011

Review "Blood Promise" by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4)
Publication Date: August 25, 2009
Publisher: Razorbill
Hardcover: 503 pgs


Summary:
     Blood Promise is the 4th book in the Vampire Academy series. After the horrible events that happened in Shadow Kiss ( and I mean horrible) Rose has made a big decision about her future. Rose journeys all the way to Russia to find the man that she loves so she can do what she promised. But first she has to find him, which turns out to be a lot harder than she thought. Along the way we are introduced to several new characters including Sydney Sage and Abe Mazur. Along with Sydney and Abe we also get to see the loved ones Dimitri left behind. Meanwhile back at St. Vladimir's Lissa is trying to deal with the fact that Rose is no longer by her side. Plus her deal with the queen has Lissa jumping through hoops which is driving her crazy (not literally) To make matters worse her behavior is becoming increasingly erratic. Rose is too far away to help and besides she has other things to worry about such as if she finds Dimitri will she be able to kill him or will her attempts to save his soul be in vain. 
   

Review:
     I had a hard time getting into this book.There wasn't a lot of action in the first part and it was really sad. Though, it was interesting to see Rose's reactions to meeting Dimitri's family. Seeing these people that remind Rose of Dimitri makes her loss even more difficult to deal with. She can see pieces of him everywhere and it makes her decision to save his souls all the more challenging. Is she even on the right path?  
   Once it got going I was hooked. I loved the fact that Rose was on her own for the first time and though she was worried about Lissa, the only person she has to take care of  is herself. One of the biggest isuues I had with Blood Promise a lack of Adrian ( he is one of my favorite characters).  Throughout the novel Rose continues to grow as she faces challenges that threaten to rip her apart. But because of her strength and her will to live Rose fights through the tough times that she endures. Rose is not the only one growing up Lissa also comes to some difficult conclusions about herself. The separation though it was hard made both girls face issues about themselves that could not see when they were together. 
    I loved the second half of this book it had me reading  as fast as I could so that I could find out what happens next. I love these characters and the more books I read about them the more I want to know whats ultimately going to happen to them. I encourage you to have Spirit Bound on hand because the ending of Blood Promise had me ready for more.
Cover:
     This cover is okay not awe inspiring but it's not horrible either. I think it's better then some of the others but I'm just not feeling it that much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment