Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review "Frostbite" Richelle Mead

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2)
Publication Date: April 10, 2008
Publisher: Razorbill
Paperback: 327 pgs
Summary:
     Frostbite is the second installment in the Vampire Academy series. In this novel we get to see more of the characters that we came to love in Vampire Academy. Also we are introduced to a few new characters Tasha Ozera, Christian's aunt, Adrian Ivashkov,and Rose's mom Janine makes an appearance. After a particularly deadly Strigoi attack the students at St. Vladimir's Academy are sent to a more secure location for the Christmas holiday a posh ski resort. Even though Roses's surroundings are amazing she is still srtuggling with her feelings for her instructor, Dimitri. While trying to put those feelings behind her Rose tries to move on with Mason but no matter what she does she can't seem to let Dimitri go, but she may not have a choice. He seems to be moving on as well. When three of Roses's friends leave the resort to go Strigoi hunting, she feels as though she has no choice but to go out and find them. Instead of involving her best friend she decides to ask Christian, Lissa's boyfriend for help. What Rose and the others encounter on this trip will change them forever, and all of them may not return.




Review: 
     One of the reasons I really enjoy this novel is because we get to see the character of Rose evolve as she begins to accept that she may not be able to have everything that she wants. She is begining to grow up and is learning to control her impulsive behavior. Though if she completly lost her implusive behavior than she wouldn't be Rose Hathaway. She is realizing just how important her job is, one wrong move and the person she is protecting could die. But I also like that Rose keeps her trade mark attitude. I also really love the addition of Adrian to the stroy he is one of my favorite characters in the entire series. He's funny, a little crazy, completly spoiled, and a total flirt all of which make him extremely lovable. The ending of this book had me reaching for the next book in this series. I had to find out what happens next and I did. Though I really liked this book there were some parts that I really didn't like, not because they were determential to the story but because of how the affected the main charcter. When I read these books it's easy to get lost in the charcacters and the world that they exist in. 
Cover:
     The cover of Frostbite is okay it doesn't really make me jump up and down and say I need to get this book. Mainly because I don't think it represents the characters properly. But I have seen worse covers so I guess it gets three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment