Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review "Blood Feud" Alyxandra Harvey

Blood Feud (The Drake Chronicles #2)
Publication Date: June 22, 2010
Publisher: Walker Books
Paperback: 258 pgs

Review:
     I was a little upset when I realized that this book would be from a different perspective than the previous novel. Lucy and Solange were the reasons why I liked Hearts at Stake so much. But as I got into Blood Feud I realized that I had worried for no reason. It's interesting to see the story from both Isabeau and Logan POV and I enjoyed getting to know Isabeau through the glimpses of her past which took place during the French Revolution. The reader gets first hand knowledge of how the hounds are made and why. Which also explains why the hounds hate Montmarte so much. The characters that I loved from the first book also make appearances in this book plus the Drakes are present as well. Though I liked this book I still kinda missed Lucy and Solange being the main characters.
     The second installment takes place in the aftermath of the events that took place in Hearts at Stake. The Drakes are trying to come to terms with Helena being the new queen which brings a new variety of problems on top of the ones the are already dealing with because of Montmarte. New enemies arise but there is also some some unexpected allies that will help the Drakes. 


Cover:
     I liked this cover but it is not one of my favorites. It just doesn't describe how entertaining this book is. For me it was good but could have been better. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment