Monday, October 3, 2011

Awkward Mondays

My latest read is Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. Since I'm not a fan of Mondays I figured some weird awkward moments from Crescendo might help. Here are a couple that I enjoyed from this novel.

" 'The thing is, I really wanted to ask Scott to the Summer Solstice part at Delphic, but I couldn't bring myself to do it in person. This is really awkward.' I walked to the desk and offered him the hot dog along with the scrap of paper I'd scribbled the note on. 'Don't be a wiener,' Scott read. 'Go to the Summer Solstice with me.' "

" To my horror Patch has his back to me, walking toward the Jeep. He punched a number into his cell and raised it to his ear. Two seconds later, my cell phone sang out in my pocket. Before I could hurl the cell into the bushes at the edge of the property, Patch came to a stop...." 'And here I thought they were called Peeping Toms.' "

That's all for now, not as many awkward moments in Crescendo but there were a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment