Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Review: "Hourglass" Myra McEntire

Hourglass (Hourglass #1)
Myra McEntire
Publication Date: June 14, 2011
Publisher: Egmont USA
ARC: 397 pgs

Summary:
     The main character Emerson has been able to see ghosts since she was 14. Emerson can't always tell if the person she is talking to is dead or alive. An issue that has caused her major problems not to mention that it is embarrassing to talk to people others can't see. After the death of her parents Emerson went to live with her older brother Thomas, an architect and his wife, Dru. Thomas has been trying to help Emerson with her ghost issues and has hired a variety of people to try and help Emerson deal with the ghosts. None of them have helped and most were clearly in need of help themselves. But then Thomas hires Micheal Weaver a consultant from the Hourglass. Emerson is drawn to the dark haired, dark eyed incredibly hot Micheal. But Micheal insists that they will only have a working relationship is being paid to help her, not date her. Once Micheal starts to help Emerson unravel what is going on with her she begins to learn things about herself and those around her things that she never expected. The world is not quite what she thought it was.


Review:
   The plot of this book was very interesting and original. It had twists and turns that I did not expect or see coming. Which made it a very fun and easy read. I was caught up in Emerson's story from the first page. I wanted to learn more about her and why she saw ghosts. The characters in this novel were very well written. Each character  has secrets, secrets that I wanted to discover. My favorites were Emerson, Micheal and Kaleb each left an impression on me that left me wanting more. Emerson is a very likable female lead. Because of the ghosts she is  more isolated than the average teen. At times she is slightly awkward which makes her even more relateable. Micheal and Kaleb are best friends and each is charming in his own way. Micheal is the more serious of the two while Kaleb is always up for having a good time. The interactions between Emerson and Micheal were some of the most awkward moments I have ever read. They had me laughing, cringing, and definitely wanting more.
Cover:
     When I first saw this cover I was intrigued.The girls hair blowing forward was very different.I wanted to know what this book was about, I'm glad that I found out. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment