Monday, October 3, 2011

Review: "Spirit Bound" Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5)
Publication Date: May 18, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Hardcover: 489 pgs

Review:
     Spirit Bound is the 5th book in the Vampire Academy series. After the tragic events that took place in Russia, Rose is back at St. Vladimir's Academy getting read for her trials and graduation. Once graduation is over Rose has to figure out what to do next. What she plans to do is not only dangerous but extremely illegal. Her actions will have consequences not only for her but also for her friends. Rose has made up her mind to try and find and save Dimitri, if what she found out in Russia can be believed. She'll do whatever it takes to get him back. Will she find the answers she is looking for? Or will she have to kill Dimitri and kill a part of herself in the process? As Rose journeys to find the answers she seeks her best friend Lissa is by her side.Rose is also able to see a side of the Moroi world that she was previously impervious to thanks to her relationship with Adrian.
   


Review:
     In Spirit Bound we find out just how far Rose is willing to go for Dimitri. We also find out what her limits are when it comes to trying to save him. Though I really liked this book I found Rose to be a little whiny at times. She keeps pushing things not willing to sit back and let things settle down, which was kind of annoying. But she's Rose so I was willing to forgive her. Lissa unlike before is right by Rose's side as Rose attempts to follow through with her crazy plans. I liked that Lissa wanted to go with Rose, it shows how much Rose means to her.Both girls are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the other is happy. Even though they might face danger Lissa knows that Rose will keep her safe. This series has kept me interested because the characters and the world that Richelle Mead has created are so addictive. I feel like I need to know what happens to these characters. I want them to be happy.
   
     I loved this book, it has action, heartbreak, love and Adrian. After reading Blood Promise I was more than ready for Spirit Bound to come out, seriously the ending had me going WHAT! I have to wait until when to find out what happens next? But I waited patiently and finally I was able to get some answers

Cover:
    The cover is okay but I just wish that encompassed all that the book contains. Plus I think the cover model changes with each book. Which is confusing is the girl supposed to be Rose? Ahh. I'm so confused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment