Friday, October 21, 2011

Review: "Silence" Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush Hush #3)
Publication Date: October 4, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Hardcover 438 pgs

Summary:
    Nora and Patch are back in the third book in the Hush Hush Saga, Silence. Nora wakes up in a cemetery and can't seem to remember how she got there. More disturbing  is the fact that she has no memories from the last five months. Nora soon discovers that she was kidnapped for three months but why can't she remember the last five months. Her mom and best friend seem reluctant to fill in the blanks. But once again Nora finds herself in danger and the world she forgot existed is once again pushing its way into her life. A mysterious stranger, Jev shows up to help her and then proceeds to tell her to forget the past and move on, but she just can't she needs to know. As Nora tries to remember her past she is also dealing with the fact that her mom has a new boyfriend, someone quite unexpected. Little by little the memories come back and with them the dangers of the world of Fallen Angels and Nephilim. Scott is back and he tries to help Nora remember parts of her past. Some of what he tells her seems so out there but deep done she knows it's true. Though he is trying to stay safe from the Black Hand he still wants to make sure that Nora is safe.


Review:
     The ending of Crescendo had me sitting there realizing I was going to have to wait a really long time to find out what happens next to Nora and Patch. Since I finished Crescendo ( the day after it was released). I didn't realize that it would take so long to find out, since Nora didn't know what happened how could we. But I was glad I was able to get Silence the day it came out. I dutifully went home and got to reading. I was very happy with what I read. I couldn't wait to find out what was going on with Nora's amensia and why was Patch staying away and why was Hank around all the time? So many questions luckily the book held all the answers. There were some very surprising twists that I in no way saw coming. I am more than ready to read the last book in this amazing story.

     In addition to the great story in Silence many of my favorite characters were back Nora, Patch and Scott, not really liking Vee that much in this book. Hopefully she will redeem herself in the last book in this series. Nora has continued to grow throughout this series. In Silence she refuses to let go of the past and focuses on finding out what has happened to her. Patch is continuing to work behind the scenes to make sure that Nora is safe and he does what he has to to make sure she stays that way. He has come along way from the Fallen Angel that was only out to gain Nora's trust so that he could kill her to gain a human body. Scott has also changed since the last book. Though he is on the run he is still trying to help Nora as much as he can and is coming to terms with who he is and what he has done. I also must say I loved the bonus scene from Patch's POV. It allowed readers to get a brief look into how Patch views the world around him. Very insightful chapter.
Cover:
     The cover of Silence continues the black white theme seen on the previous covers. But this time instead of Nora or Patch this cover has both of the main characters. I love these covers they are beautiful and eye catching. I could just sit and admire them all day. But I won't because that would mean I wouldn't get any reading done.

2 comments:

  1. Loved Silence. I'm a big fan of Patch and was so happy there were quite a few heart racing moments between Patch and Nora in this book. I really felt like the story picked up and was floored by the ending. SO excited that there is going to be a fourth book now.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    P.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how this series concludes.

    ReplyDelete