Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review "Crescendo" Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo (Hush Hush #2)
Publication Date: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Hardcover 427 pgs

Summary:
    Crescendo is the second book in the Hush Hush saga. In book two Patch is now Nora's guardian angel and things have gone well for them all summer. But as summer draws to a close things for Nora and Patch begin to change. Suddenly Patch starts to spend time with Marcie Miller, Nora's biggest enemy and he's being very secretive. He refuses to tell Nora why he's suddenly hanging out with Marcie. Nora who has trusted Patch in the past now questions him as well as their entire relationship. As things with Patch are falling apart Nora starts seeing and hearing her father, which shouldn't be possible. As Nora tries to deal with the problems in her relationship she also starts to uncover things about her father's murder, things that she never thought possible. Scott a new character in Crescendo, was a childhood friend of Nora's and his mother and Nora's were friends. Scott comes to back town and seems to have secrets of his own. Nora feels like something with him is just not right. She intends to find out what is going on with Scott. Along for the ride is Nora's best friend Vee who is in a new relationship of her own. Both girls continue to get involved in crazy schemes together.


Review:
     One of the main reasons that I enjoy this series are the characters. Becca Fitzpatrick has developed characters that I like reading about. I want to know what is going on in their world. Nora an average girl finds herself involved in the world of  Fallen Angels, Arch Angels and Nephilim. Instead of running and hiding she seeks out the truth behind what she is seeing. Patch, What can I say about Patch? He's aroogant, charming, and mysterious all at the same time. There is still much to be discovered about the amazing Patch. Which of course makes me want to read more about him. He is definitely a male lead to swoon over. I liked the addition of Scott to this saga. He brought some interesting questions to the story, questions I wanted to know the anwers to.

     I loved the story as it developed and I was eager to find out what ws going on with all of the characters. I didn't feel as though I was reading a rehashed story. It is original and gripping, it snagged my attenton immediately. I can always tell how I feel about a book if when the time comes I am unwilling to put it down. This was a book I definetley had to read in one sitting. Many of my questions from the first and second book were answered in Crescendo. I was also surprised to learn some of what was revealed in this novel things that I never would have guessed. I can't say what because that would just be rude to tell about all the great twists and turns contained within Cresecendo.

Cover: 
     I love this cover as much as I loved the cover of Hush Hush. I love the black and white with the little touch of red. Plus the girl caught in a storm seems to convey what Crescendo is all about. Very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment