Thursday, October 6, 2011

Review "Last Sacrifice" Richelle Mead

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6)
Publication Date: December 7, 2010
Publisher: Razorbill
Hardcover: 594 pgs

Summary:
     Last Sacrifice is the stunning conclusion to the Vampire Academy series. This book is filled with action, love, heartbreak, and of course amazing characters.We are introduced to a few new characters Angeline, and Joshua. The two have grown up in an unconventional environment one that many are unfamiliar with. There are some major changes in this last book. Changes that effect all of the characters. Good or bad? That's up to you to find out. It's hard to write a summary of this book without giving away major plot points, so I left it brief.


Review: 
     At the end of Spirit Bound Rose was charged with treason, her sentence if found guilty...death. I was eagerly awaiting this book since I finished Spirit Bound. I needed to know what would happen to some of my favorite characters. I was not disappointed with the conclusion of this series. Of course I would have wanted the series to continue but if it had to end I'm glad that Richelle Mead ended it the way that she did. I have read some series' and the concluding books have left me with unresolved questions. I enjoyed having been able to immerse myself into the wonderful sometimes tragic world of the dhampir, moroi, strigoi and alchemists. And no I still have no idea how to pronounce dhampir, moroi, or strigoi. I have an idea but I'm probably wrong. Anyway I loved this series and I'm super excited that I will be able to continue to read about  the Vampire Academy world in the Bloodlines series. Richelle Mead has created a brilliant world that I will continue to revisit every now and again.

Cover:
     This series has not had my favorite covers I think at times they aren't dark enough. Rose does not live in a carefree world therefore I think the covers should reflect that. But who am I to judge. Plus it seems as though there are different girls on the different cover. I may not have loved the covers but I sure did enjoy the books and that's the important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment