Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review "Lost in Time" Melissa de la Cruz

Lost in Time (Blue Bloods #6)
Publication Date: September 27, 2011
Publisher: Hyperion
Hardcover 342 pgs


Summary:
     Lost in Time is the 6th book in the Blue Bloods series. The story continues from the POV's of Schuyler, Mimi, and Allegra. Each character has her own story to tell and we learn what is happening in the world of the Blue Bloods through their eyes. Schuyler and Jack are continuing their mission to find the Gate of Promise. So far they have had no luck but are still following several different leads.The two are in Egypt and we get to see how the Blue Bloods are connected to that part of the world. Mimi is also on a mission as well which is to find the vampire that she loves who was sent to Hell. On her trip through Hell, Mimi takes along Oliver. The two face many obstacles some meant to deter them, others that nearly break them. Meanwhile, Allegra's sections are about her past. We learn more about her past relationships with Charles and Stephen. Throughout it all we are able to see how far these characters have come since they were first introduced in Blue Bloods.


Review:
     I enjoyed this book much more than I did the previous book in the series, Misguided Angel. The last novel seemed as though it was a filler bridging the gap between The Van Alen Legacy and Lost in Time. One issue I had with Lost in Time was that it felt like you had to read Bloody Valentine and The Witches of East End in order to understand some of the plot points. In previous novels my favorite characters used to be Schuyler and Jack but I'm leaning more towards Mimi and Kingston now. Those two just more interesting and I think that Schuyler and Jack have lost a lot of their edge which makes them kind of boring. 
     I really did enjoy this novel. I felt like there was more action, more story, and I liked the twists that came about in this book. The ending definitely left me wanting more. But fans will have to wait awhile to get the last book in this series. 

Cover: 
     I have always enjoyed the covers in this series. They always seem to show exactly what's between the covers. I learned at a signing that Melissa de la Cruz does have some say as to what the cover will look like. Though I'm generally not a fan of people on the cover, this one is just so gorgeous how could I not love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment