Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review "Hush Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
Hush Hush (Hush Hush #1)
Publication Date: October 13, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Hardcover 391 pgs

Summary:
     Why did I start this series. It first drew my attention because of the very awesome cover. And I am very glad I decided to buy this book up. The main character Nora Grey is your typical good girl, she gets very good grades, never gets in trouble, and she can always be counted on to do the right thing. Her best friend Vee Sky is always by her side more then willing to draw Nora into a little crazy fun. But things start changing when Patch Cipriano comes into her life. Strange things begin to happen like attacks that appear to have never taken place, her best friend gets attacked and Patch seems to be everywhere. As Nora tries to uncover what's going on she finds herself drawn to Patch but afraid of him at the same time. Nora is caught up in a world that she never knew existed but in order for her to survive she will have to figure out what's going on and fast. But who can Nora trust when her world gets turned upside down?


Review:
     Why do I love this book? Well... because the characters are so amazing. Patch is very much the "bad boy" black hair, black eyes. The kind of guy that I love reading about (and no there was no drooling involved). He's just so arrogant and smug that I wanted to find out just what his story was. On other other hand I also liked the character of Nora. Even though she is a good girl she also strong and willing to find answers when her world starts going crazy.  She doesn't run and hide from her problems. Nora may be scared of Patch but she refuses to let him intimidate her. It was just really interesting to get in Nora's head and see the story unfold from her eyes. I also liked Vee a lot. Vee was always up for a little excitement, drawing Nora into her crazy plans. Plus she was always on some kind of crazy diet. The color diet was my favorite.
     I also thought the story Becca Fitzpatrick had to tell was very original. I liked the idea of Fallen angels as well as the complications that came along with them. I have read other books with fallen angels but I thought this telling was fascinating and very exciting to read about. I have re-read this book a few times and I still enjoy it.

Cover: 
     I love this cover. It's gorgeous and amazing. The cover is the reason I bought the book and starting reading the series. Patch falling from the sky with the black and red ( I'm thinking bloody) feathers all around him. I could stare at this cover all day but I won't because I can't read if I'm drooling over the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment