Saturday, February 25, 2012

WHY (12)

This week the question I have been thinking about is, WHY do I have such a hard time with comments?

Since I started blogging one of the biggest issues I've had, besides time, is commenting on other blogger's posts. I'll read an amazingly written review, a super funny post that makes me laugh, or a thought provoking post but then I get down to the comment box and all I can think to write is Great Post! How sad is that? Someone has taken the time to write an amazing post and I can't even think of an original response that represents how I feel about what they wrote. Words seem to flow right out of my head leaving me staring at the screen trying to come up with something that doesn't sound generic or insincere. Other times I'll just simply give up without leaving a comment which seems wrong to me. I want the person to know that I liked and appreciated what they wrote but I don't ant to sound fake. In other words if I leave a comment on your post that seems general or fake it just means that I suck at leaving comments. It's not that it wasn't a great post but I just have issues when it comes to expressing how I felt about your post.


Does anyone share this problem? If not let me know how you feel when you get semi-generic comments?

6 comments:

  1. Love this series of questions. I tried to do a similar thing, gave up when I hit ten...

    But yes. About comments. I've heard there's people who prefer not to get comments instead of getting generic ones... frankly, I can't say I understand the feeling. Maybe it's because I don't get that much comment traffic myself, but I love when someone gets a few moments out of their time to drop me a line, no matter how generic, to let me know that they've read my post, and liked /disliked/ felt anything at all.

    So, don't worry about leaving a not-original or too-generic comment sometime! It's better than saying nothing, I think.

    Great post, Nicole!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoping to not run out of topics I love doing these posts. They are a way to rant about a topic or discuss how I feel about something and I hope others feel encouraged to rant on the question I am writing about.

      I agree, I don't get a ton of comments and it's nice to know that someone cared enough to read my post and leave me a comment generic or not.

      Delete
  2. My feeling is that it's better to have any comment (generic or not) than no comments. For the longest time, I didn't have any comments at all. I have no idea what people thought about my posts. So yeah, great post sounds pretty darn good to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting feed back.
      If I can't think of something witty to say I will definitely leave a generic comment instead of none at all.

      Delete
  3. You sound so like me Nicole. Even if I think of something to write I'll read it back and think, no that doesn't sound good and delete it. I am so bad at writing, I even struggle when writing reviews.

    Great topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too, I forgot to mention that. I'll read over my comment and think that sounds dumb. Then I just end up writing something generic when my original comment was probably much better.

      Delete