Friday, August 10, 2012

Review "Pure" by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure (Covenant, #2)
Pure (Covenant #2)
Publication Date: April 3, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Paperback: 329 pgs

Summary:
     Pure is the second installment in the Covenant series. Alex's life is extremly complicated. She's set to be the second Apollyon, she has feelings for a guy that's off-limits, and she has to spend time with Seth the Apollyon, and on top of all of that she has school work. Things get even more insane when furies attack after daimons ambush one of the Covenants. How will Alex deal with everything in her life especially when it seems a new threat arises to complicate her life even more?
Review:
     I was so excited to be back in Alex's world for several reasons. She's such an amazing character, still quite young but willing to do what she believes is right, which doesn't always work out that well. Then there is the mythology aspect of these books which I love. Plus there is Alex's complicated love life and what more could a reader ask for, not much.
     Alex is one of those characters that I can't help but root for. Her life is messy and seems to get more so the more her story continues. She is a teenage girl but has to deal with the supernatural on top of everything else a teenager has to deal with. What I really like about Alex is that she is strong, not just physically but emotionally too. She doesn't fall about at the slightest problem even if most others would. But luckily for Alex  she has plenty of people that care about her and are willing to help her out when she needs it. I also like that Alex is feisty and has a touch of snark, making her more likable in my book. 
     Besides being an Alex fan I am also a huge Aiden fan. I really liked him after reading Half-Blood and I liked him even more after reading Pure. He has a deep sense of honor that makes him really likable. He's a really great guy, caring, strong, and very protective of those he cares about. I love the way he interacts with Alex. He's tough on her but occasionally he shows his softer side. Seth, as we know is the Apollyon. He is training Alex so that she will be prepared once she becomes the other Apollyon. He does take care of Alex during some really difficult moments in her life but there is just something about him I'm not sure about. Maybe I don't trust him because I'm a giant Aiden fan so I automatically have to dislike the other guy, who knows?
     This is such a great book. It's full of action, mystery, relationship drama, and plenty of heartache. After reading Pure I'm more than ready to read Deity to see what happens next, especially after the ending of this book. Can anyone say intense?
Cover:
     I love this cover!! It's one of my favorites. The blue is very vibrant and the white, smokey flower stands out against other covers. 


2 comments:

  1. I like Seth, but I want Aiden for Alex.
    Speaking of, I also really adore and root for her.
    Thanks for review,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think they make a better match. I know she's great.

      Delete