Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (22)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. Anyone can join in. Here's what you need to do.
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This is what I found this week:


"Karou walked rapidly away, head down, and she would have kept walking and not looked back but for a cry that erupted behind her. It burst from the chaos of the Jemaa el-Fna and instantly dwarfed all other noise. it was some mad kind of keening, a high thin river of sound unlike anything she had ever heard."


Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, pg 90


I have you wondering don't I, if you have a Teaser leave a link so I can visit:)


17 comments:

  1. I just downloaded this free audiobook. Now I really want to listen to it. My teasers are from Dead Ringer by Allen Wyler and Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good read! Hope you get a chance to listen to it soon.

      Delete
  2. I want to read this book!

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book waiting for me to pick it up on my shelf. It sounds so good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I've read, I have really liked. I'm already looking forward to the sequel.

      Delete
  4. You would have me wondering if I hadn't already read it. Great teaser! :) I love Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Really looking forward to the sequel.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, I too am looking forward to the sequel:)

      Delete
  5. Awesome teaser! I really enjoyed Daughter of Smoke & Bone! I can't wait for the sequel to it! I hope your enjoying it!

    My Teasers

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder what the sound was!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious...! But it's also a nice reflection of the style, which I deem very interesting. I'll check if this already ghosts about on my tbr, otherwise I'm gonna put it on. Thanks for sharing!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it soon. It pretty good!

      Delete
  8. I still need to read this. I've had a copy for about a year I think but just haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully soon!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited til it came out in paperback which I prefer. But it was good so not sure I'll be able to hold out in getting book two.

      Delete