Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review "The Vincent Brothers" by Abbi Glines

The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys, #2)
The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys #2)
Abbi Glines
Publication Date: June 2012
Kindle Edition
Summary:
     Sawyer Vincent is trying to come to terms with the end of his relationship with Ashton. It doesn't help that he lost her to his brother Beau and now the two are happy and inseparable. Ashton's cousin Lana comes to town and Sawyer seems to be drawn to her but still wants Ashton back. Lana has changed since her last visit  and has plans which include Sawyer. Will Sawyer be able to move past Ashton and will Lana get what she came to town for?
Review:
     I don't tend to read a lot of Contemporary YA books but I had to get the sequel to The Vincent Boys. The first book was such a fun, entertaining read that I wanted to know more about the characters and their lives. Book two takes place over a short period of time but a lot happens with the main characters. I think the The Vincent Brothers was a little more intense then the first and I was glad that I was able to find out what happened to Sawyer, Lana, Ash and Beau.
     I didn't feel as though I was really able to get to know Sawyer that well in the first book, it was as though we were really introduced to him in The Vincent Brothers. I really enjoyed reading the last scene from the first book from Sawyer's POV, which was the prologue to book two. It shows how much he cares for Ash as well as Beau and what he will do to make them happy. Sawyer is known as the good brother but there are many sides to Sawyer that come out as the story progresses. He has changed since his break up with Ash and at times I thought he acted like a jerk. But at other times he was sweet and protective. He's still stuck on Ash and drops whatever he is doing to help her. Initially it appeared that the brothers were not alike at all but I saw similarities between the two. 
     Lana is the other leading character. She has come back to town on a mission to get the boy she's always had a thing for. But her life is complicated and she keeps most of her problems to herself. At times I felt as though Lana let Sawyer walk all over her but there were instances where she refused to let him treat her badly. I wasn't sure how I felt about Lana being a lead in this book, I really liked Ash. I tend to get attached to characters but after a few pages I realized she was a really good choice for the lead in this book.
 
     All and all I was really satisfied with the conclusion of this series. The Vincent Brothers is an engaging story with plenty of ups and downs making me hope that all the characters would get what they needed, wanted, and deserved. We are able to see much more of Sawyer and Lana's personalities but we also see a little more from Beau and Ashton too. Everything is wrapped up nicely leaving me feeling glad that I read this series. I definitely want to read more from Abbi Glines. 
Cover:
     I'm a fan of this cover. I really love the vibrant colors on this cover. I also like that it matches the first cover but stands out on its own. It's very enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment