Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (23)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. Anyone can join in. Here's what you need to do.
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here are my  teasers for the week. I haven't read too much of this book yet but I hope to finish it today!
"I hit the water and for a moment everything slowed. It was as if time had been written on a piece of elastic and was stretched until every number, every minute, was pulled wide and contorted."
"I could hear my own sharp intake of breath. I could feel the rush of humid air past my skin. Then the cold water encased me, sucked me in and dragged me down. My hair swarmed out around my face. Like glowing strands of amber backlit by the moon, they spiraled into my view."
Lauryn April, Into the Deep, Kindle Edition (Prologue) 



Ivy Daniels is a high school junior still learning who she is. After almost drowning, Ivy finds herself with an ability she doesn’t want, an ability to uncover secrets which quickly begins to redefine what she thinks about the people around her as well as herself. Because of this ability, Ivy becomes the one thing that stands between an angry teen and the death of every student on campus. The only problem is she doesn’t know who wants everyone dead. Will she figure out whose secret is that they’re planning to blow up her school, or will she fail to find him in time?


Through her search to do the right thing, Ivy discovers that knowing the thoughts and secrets of those around her may just tear her apart. (summary from Goodreads)

What do you think? Feel free to leave a link to your teaser's:)

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting book! Never heard of it before...but I'll be checking it out for sure! Great teasers! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My TT! 

    Btw...I am a new follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started it. So far it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teasers! Sounds like a great book.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Gin @ Addicted to Words

    ReplyDelete